Fugitive is a plugin written by Tim Pope that enables you to use Git features in Vim.
- Install it using your favorite plugin manager using the Github URL:
- Status: Get the status of the current Git repository using the command
:Git. It shows the head, current branch, untracked files and unstaged files.
- Add: Add the currently open file to Git using the command
- Blame: For a file open in Vim, use the command
:Git blame to get blame information for each line: commit, user and date-time.
- Diff: View the diff of unstaged changes using the command
- Difftool: View the diff of current file in split vimdiff view using the command:
Tried with: Vim 8.0 and Ubuntu 18.04