VLC can not only play videos, but also record your screen. What I love about VLC in comparison to other screen recording software on Windows is that it is simple to use, allows me to set a low FPS and can record multiple display setups.
To record your desktop in VLC:
- Go to Media -> Convert / Save -> Capture Device.
- In Capture Mode choose Desktop. You can also set the FPS you desire.
- Click on Convert / Save and provide a destination file name and location.
- Click Start to begin recording. I noticed that the mouse cursor flickers while VLC is recording.
- When you want to stop recording, bring up the VLC window and choose the Stop Playback button. A video file of your recording can be found at the destination you had chosen.
Tried with: VLC 3.0.8 Vetinari and Windows 10