There are many tools that can be used to create a USB installer flash drive from an Ubuntu ISO file. Here is my experience with such tools:
- First, download the ISO file of the Ubuntu you want to install.
- Make sure the downloaded file is accurate by verifying its checksum.
- Insert a USB flash drive of at least 8GB and use one of the bootable USB drive creator tools below to create the installer flash drive.
- Rufus: This has a simple Windows dialog and was the fastest tool I used to create an installer. I used this for Ubuntu 20.04 and it worked fine.
- Balena Etcher: Flashy tool, but after the validation step, it said Flash Failed!. The created USB drive booted, but hung in one of the Ubuntu installer dialogs.
- Linux Live USB Creator: Also called LiLi, this also has a simple Windows dialog UI. However, this tool is no longer maintained.
- After the installation is complete, insert the USB flash drive on the destination computer, reboot it, choose to boot from this flash drive and install Ubuntu.